Why should You have a website?
Why should your business have a website at all?
There are many reasons why any business should have a web site.
Here is a good short list.
- To provide basic information that establishes credibility - just as a listing
in the Yellow Pages shows you are serious about your business, having your own
company domain reinforces your legitimacy as a serious business. (According to IntelliQuest 68% of US web users shop online.)
- To provide a map to your business location. Sometimes finding you is the hard
- To sell your products and/or services. Customers explore alternatives over the
web before buying.
- To make business information available to customers and clients 24/7.
- To allow you to update your information as frequently or infrequently as you
- To reach your local market. The web reaches the world, but customers shop it for
local information as well.
- To reduce costs, use your site to answer your most frequently asked questions.
- To reduce costs, show your products over the web instead of printing brochures.
- To obtain feedback from customers. It is easy to see what your customers respond
to on the website.
- To stay in contact with salespeople, customers and suppliers.
- To test market new services and products. You may also learn that you have a
market you hadn't thought of.
- To easily publicize specials you are offering. Couple this with e-mail promotion
to your existing clients.
- To reach the media. Newsletter editors may like something on your site and refer
to it in their articles. This is FREE advertising.
- To reach the specialized or international markets.
- To enhance your business relationships. Tell your clients about related
businesses they might be interested in, and maybe get a referral fee for it!